Subscribe News Feed Subscribe Comments

A Walk Down Memory Lane...

The last few days were extremely buzy. Never did enjoy my weekend..and I tot Monday was PH! LOL! - Crap!

In a midst of doing some personal project with a friend. It's voluntarily of course and it's going to be 'A School Project'...thou we have left the school long time =)

Barely, 6 months ago, Shahrul called for a meet up. We went out for a drink when he proposed his ideas of creating an exclusive video of our defunct school which is no more in existance.



"I'm trying to revive back those nostalgic memories we had during those years...", he showed me a basic 3-D virtual walk-thru model of our school he had created.

It was awesome! I've never tot to be able to walk into the same bulding again, but virtually!

Immediately, I agreed to it. I'm just excited to be involved in such a cause and we shared ideas to bring this childhood fantasy into a reality.

So, we met again last week. He showed the rough cut of the video. The virtual walk-thru was brilliantly done. It's the next closest thing we could asked for.

Then came my part for the final post production. This is where my ideas will come to play. I need to single out old cut-out photographs collated. Insert into the video of the very same spot, so that all those nostalgic moments can be reminisced and relived once again.

Here's an example:

The walk-thru virtual animation will come to a scene. A photograph showing the exact same spot, will ghostly fade in, to tell a nostalgic story.

Frame 1



Frame 2


Frame 3


Frame 4


The most tedious tasks of all, each seconds of the scenes have to be precised.

It took me 3 hours to syncronise a 5 second scene, so that the storyboard goes swiftly, uncut.

But it pays. Am truely satisfied.

Still not sure what audio background to use to enhance the mood. But I will try to come out with something melancholy, I'm sure! ;)

So, be ready everyone. This school will be the first to be re-born again virtually on facebook.

WE ARE THE FIRST IN THE WORLD!

 
Sepuloh Tin Sardin | TNB